by Mark Taliano at Global Reasearch
Powerful nations continue to enjoy impunity for their crimes, and they have no reason to expect that they will be prosecuted. The credibly accused war criminals responsible for war crimes against countries that include Iraq, Libya, and now Syria, will not be prosecuted. International law is selective, and the powerful nations know this. They are repeat offenders, and their impunity emboldens them. If a just peace, and respect for international law, was the desired outcome in Syria, then the West, including Canada, would reverse course.
The United States Peace Council (USPC) offers simple steps that are immediately attainable. Peace would be achieved if the West and its allies were to:
- Stop bombing Syrian economic infrastructure in the name of fighting ISIS.
- Stop injecting foreign fighters into Syria.
- Stop funding, organizing and arming the combatants in Syria.
- Lift all sanctions on Syria.
- Provide humanitarian aid…
View original post 692 more words